For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Annie Weir, T/A IVITA Learning of 3 Garth Heads Rise, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria CA16 6HQ
How I collect your information
I may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
• Directly from you, when you fill in an application for a course of learning, when you make enquiries on my website, when you provide information personally at meetings, or when you interact with me in other ways such as directly emailing me.
• From someone else, such as your employer or training department, or by Appleby Heritage Centre who have taken an enquiry about a course I run for them
• From the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce who allocates clients for me to work with.
The types of information I collect
I may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es)) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you.
• Date of birth, and other details for ensuring I comply with Equality Act (2010)
• Financial information for Associates who work with me so I can pay by bank transfer. I may also collect data about your health or other needs, where you have volunteered this, for example so that I can cater for you when you attend a training event or meeting.
How I use personal data
Personal data provided to me will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, I will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Administration of your programme of learning.
• Research and statistical analysis about who is taking part in learning courses.
• Communication about other courses and opportunities I think may be of interest to you
• Storing your details on the software platform I use for our online programmes of learning
Your marketing preferences
I will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from me and how you want to receive them.
You are in control of how I communicate with you.
You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting me at:
Telephone: 07919 542143
Post: 3 Garth Heads Rise, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria CA16 6HQ
Sharing your information with others
I do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by me may be shared with the following third parties where necessary:
• Appleby Heritage Centre -I work through this organisation to offer City & Guilds qualifications
• Cumbria Chamber of Commerce – I work for this organisation in a self-employed capacity and have to collect details from you if you are joining one of their programmes.
How long your information is kept
I keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose I use it. For certificated qualifications, this means I retain it for so long as the awarding organisation requires (normally six years), and for a period of six years after your last financial interaction with me (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data I hold about you and to check that I am lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that I hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information I hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for me continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask me to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data where I am relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where I am processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask me to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want me to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
• Request the transfer of your personal data to another party. Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and I may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
• by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by telephone: 07919 542143
• or by post: 3 Garth Heads Rise, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria CA16 6HQ
If you are not satisfied with how I am processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk
If you have any problems, please just let me know and I will sort them out straight away!